In this tutorial we will teach you how to setup your email with Outlook 2010
Before you begin, you will need the following information:
Username: This is your email address
Password: Password to the email account being configured
Mail Server: This is mail.yourdomain.com
(For example, here at Emagine our domain name is emaginemore.com, so our mail server is mail.emaginemore.com)
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010. Click File, and then click Add Account.
- At the bottom, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and click Next.
- Enter Your Name and full E-mail Address.
- If you want to use IMAP, select IMAP for your Account Type. If you want to use POP3 select POP3. Use these settings for your incoming and outgoing servers for both IMAP & POP3:
Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
- Enter your User Name (your full email address) and Password, and select Remember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Select the Advanced tab.
- Next to Outgoing Server (SMTP), type 25. Then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Outlook 2010 will test your settings. When it’s done, click Close.
- Click Finish.
That's it. If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. If you don't, press the F9 key on your computer to receive messages.